I commenced my career in Johnson & Johnson as a summer student working on the production lines within Vision Care, the following year I joined the engineering team for my university work experience programme; From these early experiences, I knew I wanted to continue my development as part of the Johnson & Johnson Team.
The graduate programme has given me excellent training opportunities involving both the technical aspects of the role and my own professional development through CPD training. We also have had the opportunity to collaborate with other departments such as Operations and Quality, which gives a great insight into other areas of the business.
The most enjoyable part of my role is daily troubleshooting and contributing to various process improvement initiatives which ensures product quality for our customers and patients. There are so many fantastic opportunities within Johnson & Johnson, across all sites, I hope to progress within my current area of expertise by continuing to challenge myself while doing what I love.
My advice for Graduates looking to start their career with Johnson & Johnson:
- Research the company and the role well
- Attend careers fairs at your campus
- Network – with both the companies that attend events and your own peers
- Prepare for the recruitment process by logging on to jobs.jnj.com/shine where you will find lots of hints and tips on how to prepare for each stage of the process
- Once you get to the assessment centre, remember, there’s only one you – be yourself!