First Derivatives PLC
What the employer says
- Organisation profile
What graduates say
- The Inside buzz from graduates
- Inside buzz reviews from graduates (21)
Get the Inside Buzz on First Derivatives
"Unbelievable opportunity to work with great people and live in really cool cities."
- The graduate salary and benefits package is very generous
- Lots of opportunities to work with top tier investment banks in very exciting locations
- Work given to graduates is challenging and innovative
- Colleagues are intelligent and always supportive when it comes to graduate development
- Occasionally graduates will find themselves working pretty long hours
- Grads may end up in a location they are not keen on
- Communication between management and employees could be improved
- When on a long term project graduates may feel a little disconnected from the company
What insiders say about...
"I would recommend researching the company and really understand what it is that First..."
"As a consultant, your hours and office culture will vary depending on the client..."
"The offices are nice. We usually on-site in international banks. Everywhere I have..."
"My standard day is 9:00am-6:00pm though occasionally I do find I need to work longer..."
"Generous pay rise after first year. Generous expenses package. Merit based pay s..."
"The company will pay for rent so that employees can be close to work and one another...."
"I completed an online application, which was followed by a phone interview and another..."
"You have to have a firm grasp of what the company does. Candidates are asked to talk..."
"As far as I am aware the company doesn't have a high carbon footprint."
"Managers are very accessible within FD. Even high level management staff can be contacted..."
"There are many workers from different countries and backgrounds due to the international..."
"In my experience, consultancy work does not provide much in terms of career progression,..."
"The company and staff do a lot of fundraising and charity events. People send around..."
"My responsibilities include: meeting with project stakeholders; gathering requirements;..."
"Excellent opportunity to learn, working with extremely intelligent people, desirable..."
"Sometimes need to work long hours."
"We have an Xbox in the head office."
"Constantly evolving and adapting to a constantly changing market place."
"I wasn't sure what field I wanted to go into after university. First Derivatives..."
"The Options Programme within FD is great. You are not expected to have a high calibre..."
"More formal classes would be appreciated."
Get in contact
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!