What the employer says
What graduates say
- The Inside buzz from graduates
- Inside buzz reviews from graduates (20)
Get the Inside Buzz on A&L Goodbody
"A professional, progressive and successful firm."
- The firm’s collegiate environment ensures that trainees receive support from colleagues at all levels
- Trainees are exposed to high-profile and challenging projects throughout their training contracts
- The firm's offices are spacious, in convenient locations and have excellent facilities
- A variety of training sessions are on offer, with frequent workshops in each department
- The working hours can be unpredictable at times, making it difficult to plan free time
- Trainees may feel like their high level of responsibility puts them under a fair amount of pressure
- More transparency with regard to seat choices could allow trainees to make more informed decisions
- Resources could be spread more appropriately across the firm, to ensure that trainees' workloads are more evenly balanced
What insiders say about...
"The interview process is really quite natural. There are no written assessments or..."
"There is a strong culture of co-operation and teamwork at A&L Goodbody. Throughout..."
"The training programme is excellent. There are weekly trainee education presentations..."
"All of the solicitors and partners that I have worked for have been very accessible..."
"The dress code is professional and this standard is maintained, but it is not so..."
"Hours vary depending on what projects are going on at the time. Some days you will..."
"The firm offers an excellent salary for a graduate position. The firm pays your full..."
"Perks include the good gym and excellent social events. Exam bonuses are offered..."
"I was asked what I thought I would be doing, why I wanted to work at the firm, why..."
"Efforts to reduce the carbon footprint at the firm are pretty good. There is recycling..."
"In my experience the firm is open-minded, and recruits and promotes based on merit...."
"My role as a trainee involves researching points of law, drafting advice for clients..."
"There is a strong emphasis on pro bono work from individual projects to firm-wide..."
"A big group of trainees, good know-how and support services are all pluses."
"Newly qualified solicitors are put under excessive pressure."
"I attended one of the open evenings and was hugely impressed by how nice everyone..."
"The retention rate is very high and the firm aims to train us all to be key employees..."
"A&L Goodbody has a choir that enters national competitions."
"The firm is ambitious, encouraging and successful."
"More workshops and IT training, particularly in the basics, would speed up so much..."
Get in contact
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!