What the employer says
What graduates say
- The Inside buzz from graduates
- Inside buzz reviews from graduates (20)
Get the Inside Buzz on A&L Goodbody
"A top international Irish law firm that thinks outside the box."
- The firm’s collegiate environment ensures that trainees receive support from colleagues at all levels
- Trainees are exposed to high-profile and challenging projects throughout their training contracts
- The firm's offices are spacious, in convenient locations and have excellent facilities
- A variety of training sessions are on offer, with frequent workshops in each department
- The working hours can be unpredictable at times, making it difficult to plan free time
- Trainees may feel like their high level of responsibility puts them under a fair amount of pressure
- More transparency with regard to seat choices could allow trainees to make more informed decisions
- Resources could be spread more appropriately across the firm, to ensure that trainees' workloads are more evenly balanced
What insiders say about...
"You need to submit a written application in the 'milk-round' or do a summer internship...."
"Trainees are encouraged to ask questions and the firm operates an 'open-door' policy...."
"There is a good balance in the training programme between practical skills and the..."
"I think that both the teams that I have had seats on have made a great effort to..."
"The dress code is strict as it would be in all corporate law firms. The office is..."
"Hours vary depending on what projects are going on at the time. Some days you will..."
"I couldn't be more satisfied with the payment package as well as the huge range of..."
"Perks include the good gym and excellent social events. Exam bonuses are offered..."
"Throughout the interview I was asked why I wanted to work for A&L Goodbody, to identify..."
"Efforts to reduce the carbon footprint at the firm are pretty good. There is recycling..."
"From my experience and the people I've got to know in my firm I feel there is strong..."
"My team are very good at ensuring the trainee is involved in the transaction in a..."
"A&L Goodbody places a significant emphasis on pro bono work. In 2014, A&L Goodbody..."
"There is a strong collegial atmosphere in the firm which is a real plus."
"The working hours can sometimes be unpredictable."
"I was encouraged to apply here as the firm is known for having one the best trainee..."
"They are excellent at the moment - both because there is a need for resources and..."
"A&L stands for Alfred and Lewis, the two brothers who founded the firm."
"A professional, progressive and successful firm."
"Greater knowledge in advance of seat placements during the traineeship would improve..."
Get in contact
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!