What the employer says
What graduates say
- The Inside buzz from graduates
- Inside buzz reviews from graduates (20)
Get the Inside Buzz on A&L Goodbody
"A busy, international and sociable firm."
- The firm’s collegiate environment ensures that trainees receive support from colleagues at all levels
- Trainees are exposed to high-profile and challenging projects throughout their training contracts
- The firm's offices are spacious, in convenient locations and have excellent facilities
- A variety of training sessions are on offer, with frequent workshops in each department
- The working hours can be unpredictable at times, making it difficult to plan free time
- Trainees may feel like their high level of responsibility puts them under a fair amount of pressure
- More transparency with regard to seat choices could allow trainees to make more informed decisions
- Resources could be spread more appropriately across the firm, to ensure that trainees' workloads are more evenly balanced
What insiders say about...
"The application is an online form, CV and an interview. You should keep up-to-date..."
"There is a huge emphasis on teamwork and an 'open-door' policy. Most Partners listen..."
"I think that the training programme is excellent. There are regular lectures on all..."
"Solicitors, associates and partners give ongoing feedback on your work and how you're..."
"The dress code is strict as it would be in all corporate law firms. The office is..."
"Working hours depend on the department that you are working in and the time of year...."
"The firm offers an excellent salary for a graduate position. The firm pays your full..."
"Perks include the good gym and excellent social events. Exam bonuses are offered..."
"Throughout the interview I was asked to tell them about the firm, to show my understanding/viewpoint..."
"The firm provides on-site and easily-accessible recycling facilities. We are also..."
"In terms of diversity, A&L Goodbody recognise that individuals with different experiences,..."
"I provide general support for all the more senior members of the team. This ranges..."
"There is a strong emphasis on pro bono work from individual projects to firm-wide..."
"My colleagues make for a good team environment and nice mix of people."
"Newly qualified solicitors are put under excessive pressure."
"I attended one of the open evenings and was hugely impressed by how nice everyone..."
"The retention rates are very positive at A&L Goodbody. The firm train you because..."
"A&L Goodbody has a choir that enters national competitions."
"A top international Irish law firm that thinks outside the box."
"Greater knowledge in advance of seat placements during the traineeship would improve..."
Get in contact
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!