Smith & Williamson
Facts and figures
Trainee Chartered Accountant
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The successful individual will join a three year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the CA qualification.
If you are a graduate looking for first class training in Assurance & Business Services and meet our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
This means you will quickly gain broad experience in the following:
Technical – on-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services. You will:
- Develop an understanding of our client’s and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
Client liaison – from day one you will engage with our clients at their offices and:
- Discuss queries with client staff, obtaining relevant information and explanations as well as
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
Professional qualification and internal training:
- During your training contract, you will study towards the CA qualification with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) to become a chartered accountant
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
Professional communication and (self) management – your ability to work as part of a team is essential to your role at every level:
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Smith & Williamson
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the CA qualification
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!