Smith & Williamson
Leading independently-owned providers of investment management, accountancy, tax, corporate and financial advisory services to private clients, corporates, professional practices, and non-profit organisations. With 13 offices in Ireland, the UK and Jersey, 1,500 people and an international capability in over 100 countries, our aim is to provide an innovative global service.
Our Dublin offices have over 70 staff which comprises financial and business services professionals, tax advisors, private client investment managers and support staff. We provide a unique blend of business and personal financial services ranging from tax, audit and corporate finance to personal financial planning and investment management.
We are currently seeking a tax trainee to join the tax department in our Dublin office. The position would suit an individual with some tax knowledge and who wishes to qualify as an AITI Chartered Tax Advisor. With our unique offering and wide ranging client base we can provide the successful candidate with invaluable experience across all tax heads, together with the assistance and support for them to obtain their tax qualification.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Income tax and corporation tax compliance for a portfolio of clients across a range of industries.
- Advising clients on Capital Gains Tax, Capital Acquisitions Tax and VAT issues.
- Corresponding with Revenue and other third parties on behalf of clients.
- Working with managers and partners on various tax consultancy engagements and involvement in client meetings with senior members of staff.
- Interaction with other departments within our Dublin office including audit, restructuring recovery services and corporate finance together with our UK colleagues.
- Assisting with the administration of the tax department, to include client engagements, billing, fee collection etc.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A suitable third level/accountancy qualification.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn and grow in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent IT and computer skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Organisational skills, with the ability to manage a diversified workload.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the CA qualification
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness