Facts and figures
Communications Graduate (12 month contract)
The role will involve interacting closely with the Head of Communications and his team to get first-hand experience of working in the corporate environment.
The successful candidates’ activities will include;
- Planning, managing and delivering internal and external communication campaigns in conjunction with colleagues from various internal teams and functional roles.
- Media relations activity, local and national.
- Writing content, including press releases, internal communications and corporate literature.
- Contribute to the evolution of the company’s communications capability using digital channels.
- Assisting with special projects and events that are organised within the company, e.g corporate responsibility activities and patient awareness projects.
- Administrative work, including managing media monitoring in digital print and broadcast spheres, internal compliance processes, preparing internal and external presentations and other activities.
Qualifications & Experience
- The candidate should be a public relations/communications graduate who has received a recognised related qualification within the last 18 months, or be about to graduate in 2016.
- He/she will display strong experience and skills in science/technical communications, digital media, and/or business.
- We are seeking a confident self-starter who is happy taking the initiative and making things happen.
- The successful candidate will be operating in a team environment and must have outstanding interpersonal networking skills and be comfortable working in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong writing ability and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are also required. There is a significant digital element to this role and it will be beneficial for candidates to have experience of social media and digital channels.
- The ideal candidate will be looking to secure the meaningful workplace experience that is necessary to facilitate building a career in corporate communications with a science focused company.
- Demonstrating an interest and track record in this field will be an advantage
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!