Graduate Quantity Surveyor
The Dandara Group is an industry leader in the housing and property development sector. We are amongst the top three most profitable private development companies. Established in 1988, the Group currently turns over £250m per annum and with new developments constantly in the pipeline, we continue to be in an exciting time of growth and expansion.
Key tasks & Responsibilities
- Agreement with Site Management Prices for labour on site.
- Processing of Payments for labour and subcontractors.
- Keeping and updating of payment schedule for labour/subcontractors.
- Preparation of material on site schedules for CVR purposes.
- Checking of COINS plant lists and comparing to actual plant on site.
- Assisting Site Surveyor with WiP records and compilation of WiP reports.
- Measurement / remeasurement as required by Site Surveyor.
- Attend fortnightly Site Meetings.
- Maintaining and updating drawings file and register.
- On contracting and commercial projects, looking out for and informing the Site Surveyor of any variations to the contract.
- Assisting with preparation of external variation accounts when required.
- Assisting with preparation of external valuations when required.
- Checking the coding of Purchase Orders to ensure it matches the cost plan coding and advising the Buying Department and Site Surveyor of discrepancies.
- Assisting with the preparation and running of the site Prelims Monitoring system.
You will be a driven individual who is willing to learn on site from senior members of the team and you will be a naturally good communicator who is able to handle change.
Qualifications and Training
Minimum of a BSc (hons) degree in Quantity Surveying and good knowledge of MS Excel and Word are essential.