Photonic Component Test and Packaging Engineer
Eblana Photonics Ltd. has a position for a motivated engineer/physicist to assist with the day-to-day administration of packaging operations and all aspects pertaining to semiconductor photonic device testing, characterisation and data analysis.
As an integral member of the Engineering Division you will have a number of primary and secondary roles, including but not limited to the following:
- Support the day-to-day administration of device packaging operations.
- Liaise with subcontractors for component builds and packaging to ensure an efficient, reliable and timely supply chain.
- Implement and update Eblana’s inventory management system, (WIPs, packaging components, Raw Materials, etc.)
- Test, characterise and select photonic chips and packaged devices such as Fabry-Perot and single frequency lasers.
- Carry out data analysis on small and large datasets.
- Assist in reliability testing, quantification of device lifetimes and quality control.
Key Qualifications & Skillsets
- B.Eng./ B.Sc./M.S./Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Photonics or a related discipline.
- Direct experience with DC and/or RF high speed semiconductor device characterization, test and measurement.
- Experience in design of experiments, verification testing and root cause analysis. Have a demonstrated capability to analyse and report on complex device results.
- Knowledge of photonic packages and components, e.g. butterfly modules, TO cans, optical fibres, lenses, TECs, optical isolators etc.
- Use of optoelectronic test components and instrumentation (e.g. photodiodes, optical and electrical spectrum analysers, current and voltage sources, optical fibres).
- Advanced experience with the following software packages: MS Excel, Matlab, LabView.
- Ability to handle and manipulate small chips (100 micron scale).
- Have a good grounding in semiconductor process science and device physics.
- Familiar with cleanroom protocols and with working in cleanroom environments.
Additional Useful Skills
- Willingness to participate and contribute proactively where required.
- Practical experience and knowledge of III-V semiconductor devices,
- Ability to handle large volumes of data and database organisation.
- Experience of microscopic physical analysis and inspection techniques (e.g. SEM, TEM, FIB sample preparation and analysis).
- To have worked using lasers and passed laser safety courses.
- Experience of semiconductor device handling such as material scribe and cleave, packaging operations such as die and wire bonding and fiberised module assembly.