ABP Food Group
Health & Safety Graduate
ABP Cahir is part of ABP Food Group which is Europe’s leading privately owned agribusiness companies. We are Ireland’s largest beef processor, and we also operate substantial renewable, pet food and protein divisions. We employ over 9,000 people at over 40 processing facilities around the world.This is an opportunity to join a market leader in the beef sector who is growing the business beyond market expectations. A company that has a reputation as an excellent employer and people focused business.
- The ability to stay up to date with changing H&S legislations
- An observant and analytical personality
- The drive & determination to push projects through
- Help prepare health and safety strategies
- Assist in carrying out risk assessments, identify how risk could be reduced & produce reports to suggest improvements
- Carry out site inspections to check policies and procedures are being executed correctly on sites in ours.
- Keep records of any inspections findings or accidents on site and produce statistics for managers
- Partake in-house training with site management/staff about health and safety issues and risks
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
- After time provide advice on a range of specialist areas such as: fire regulations, noise & safe use of machinery
As a successful candidate, you will be afforded:
- An incredible foundation to your career in one of Europe’s leading agribusiness organisations.
- Immediate access to senior management allowing for the opportunity to gain invaluable experience and real knowledge of the business
- The opportunity to further your personal development and education through multiply training days and reputable courses.
- As part of the Health & Safety team, you will work in a fast-paced and challenging environment while constantly learning and gaining experience.
Successful candidates will be highly-motivated, confident, and willing to learn, with an excellent work ethic and strong people and communication skills.
If you are looking for an opportunity to start you career in the best possible way, as part of the ABP Food Group Graduate Programme then please send a copy of your CV and cover letter via the 'apply by email' button.
Closing date for applications is the 13th of March 2017.