Last Call! Language Assistants in Spanish Schools (Apply before June 1st)
Are you a student or recent graduate looking for valuable professional experience in Spain? Don’t miss out this last call to become a language assistant in a Spanish school. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas’ programme for you. Receive a monthly income, free TEFL-related training and the opportunity to explore a country.
“This time in Spain as a language assistant has already provided me with invaluable experience I wouldn't have gained anywhere else in the last number of months. Growing as an individual, building skills, and gaining confidence each day also helps to make the experience a positive one. Having this insight into teaching also allows me the opportunity to see what kind of teacher I want to be if I go down that route in the future. Finally, the education course is also a positive aspect for me as I enjoy having tasks to complete and an assigned tutor outside of the school with whom I can discuss any classroom related issues with and receive advice on,” Tríona M., Irish recent graduate.
Do you want to live a once in a lifetime opportunity?
During one academic year, you will enroll a structured programme and cooperate with 20 teaching hours a week in one of the 200 educational centres we work with. Gain international experience and add transferable skills to your CV. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
Starting dates available:
- September 2017 until June 2018
So what does Meddeas offer you?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas’ programme for you that will include a University certified course.
- Qualifications: degree in English OR any degree + TEFL course OR degree in Education
- Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
- Qualifications: any degree
- Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
- Minimum qualifications: any degree OR university students OR gap years.
- Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
- Minimum qualifications: only university students (as part of their courses)
- Conversation practice with small groups or assisting the main teacher
PERKS OF THE PROGRAMMES:
- Join a Spanish school as a Language Assistant teaching 20-24 hours per week.
- Take a certified course given by a Spanish university, which could be a 20 ECTS Expert in Bilingual Education course or a 6 ECTS TEFL or AMET course (paid by the programme).
- Receive a guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
- Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
- Obtain help with the visa application process and opening a bank account.
- Participate in a programme ran by a serious and professional organisation.
- Get advice from the school’s designated Tutor.
- Get initial training and participate in teaching workshops.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
- Teach children aged two to eighteen –learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced.
- Enjoy paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
There are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programmes are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. Partly because of the obligations with the family, the assistants living with a host family will be teaching at the school 4 days a week. During the programme, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!