InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
MOF Technologies is a leading manufacturer and worldwide supplier of Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs). MOFs are novel materials containing exceptionally large surface areas and tunable pores that have found numerous applications, particularly, in the field of gas storage and separation. MOF Technologies uses a novel, patented, green, mechanochemical method to manufacture these materials.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Months
The company produces MOFs using an extrusion process that involves reaction and crystallization. However, due to incomplete crystallization, some products are not fully formed as they exit the extruder and need further treatment. The main objective of this project is to develop a new process for continuous crystallization and embed this into the manufacturing operation, thus allowing the company to significantly increase yields from its operations and enhance the portfolio of products that it currently manufactures. The project will involve firstly understanding the factors that impact the rate of crystallization of our products and then apply this knowledge to provide practical solutions to improve crystallization rates.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by MOF Technologies Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with UCD. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Hold, or have been awarded, a min BEng 2.1 (Hons) in Chemical Engineering by June 2017;
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- MEng or PhD in Chemical Engineering;
- Industrial or postgraduate work experience;
- Crystallisation experience and/or qualifications.