InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
Smiley Monroe specialises in the design, manufacture and distribution of Conveyor belts, synthetic screening material, spillage control systems and vulcanizing training programs for end users, service companies and world class original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s).
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) - 12 Month Contract
The main objective of this project is to review the current business Contract to Cash process and design, install and configure a new bespoke Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to suit the Smiley Monroe business process. This will include some customising of the ERP system to cater specifically for the Smiley Monroe production process.
To suit the unique needs of Smiley Monroe and working in conjunction with the software supplier, the new system will require considerable configuration to ensure maximum benefit is returned, which an ‘off the Shelf’ system cannot offer. To ensure this happens the extensions to the system will include advanced reporting, multi modal interaction and optimised data input.
The focus on the implementation will be on data conversion, system testing, end user training, customising user interaction and customised reporting.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Smiley Monroe Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Dundalk Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general scope of the post.
Candidates must possess:
- Hold, or expect to be awarded by June 2017, a Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computing or related discipline;
- Project Management skills along with good written and verbal communication skills;
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in Management Information Systems, Computing or related discipline;
- Experience of working with ERP systems would be an advantage;
- Experience and knowledge of creating and developing business processes;
- The ability to analyse and evaluate business systems.