InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
Gibney Steel Products is a leading manufacturer of quality agricultural products. It manufactures the following: farm gates and fittings, cattle and sheep feed troughs, sheep hurdles, transport boxes, bale lifters, yard scrapers, crush sections, feed barriers, dividing gates, cubicles, water tanks, circular feeders, and much more.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Contract
The company product base has naturally evolved and most people on the shop floor know how to manufacture the current range of products either from basic 2D drawings or notes taken over time. The company needs to develop full 3D CAD design capabilities to enable them to design and manufacture a product idea they have for a new light weight sliding gate, with smart control, to help diversify the business and enable it to develop a new product range. To facilitate this and future new product development the company needs to not only develop a 3D CAD design capability but to also have the ability to find/develop new product ideas through someone versed in new product development. The company will also need to acquire the ability to provide stress analysis FEA (finite element analysis) studies and be able to access products against DFMA (design for manufacturing assembly) methodology, such as this new light weight gate where weights and stresses will have to be incorporated.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Gibney Steel Products Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Hold, or have been awarded by June 2017, a Min 2.2 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering;
- Experience of 3D CAD design;
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in an engineering related subject / technical sales ;
- Practical experience of working in the mechanical engineering sector would be advantageous;
- Good understanding of mechanical processes, FEA, PLCs etc.