InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
SureDatum Limited sells services on all aspects of Software Asset Management (SAM). This involves managing and optimising a client’s position regarding purchase of software licences. The company works directly with client data to identify risks and opportunities around software licensing obligations and provides independent support and advice for dealing with software vendors through contract negotiations and audits. The company has particular expertise in Microsoft and Oracle licensing and in data extraction and analysis. It also automates processes which will deliver full SAM services to its clients. It has developed a data analysis engine capable of handling data from any SAM tool. This is built using a MongoDB database, Pentaho Kettle for Data transformation and Play Framework and AngularJS for the Web front-end. As the capabilities of this engine are expanded, the long-term goal is to develop this into a product which the company and their clients can use to provide a broad spectrum of SAM services across the full range of available software.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Months - Fusion Code FU5071
This project will build on the existing SureDatum back-end data collection facility for usage of software and platforms and construct a front-end analysis and reporting tool to enable optimum acquisition and deployment of software licences for their client base. This will be achieved through the development of Data Analysis Notebook software that will build on the existing SureHub tool to categorise data by the software package or platform from which it arises and dynamically generate charts, reports and other analysis. The project will also create “smart” tools to identify potential anomalies/warnings/ opportunities/etc. that may otherwise remain undetected.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you will be employed by Suredatum Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
This role offers the opportunity to expand your knowledge of modern technologies and become a key member of the fast-growing SureDatum team. This role will suit a candidate with strong analytical and technical ability who is keen to quickly grow their career. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Candidates must possess to hold or have been awarded by June 2017 minimum 2:1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject, with a significant programming component.
Legally permitted to work in the EU.
A demonstrated use of technologies outside of degree coursework relating to Data Science or Web Development E.g. other/personal projects or industry experience.
Demonstrate experience of a range of modern Web development platforms and technologies such as:
- NodeJS, Django, .NET, Ruby on Rails etc.
- Play Framework / REST API Development
- Database platforms including Mongo DB, SQL and NoSQL
- ETL Tools including Pentaho Kettle
- Cloud environments AWS / Azure
- Server technologies Linux / Windows
- Responsive interface development
Demonstrate knowledge of Data Science and related software and applications e.g. Zeppelin, Jupyter, Spark, Python, Julia etc.
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps click here