Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
JB Roche (MFG) Ltd design, develop and manufacture Inflatable shelters and fabricated canvas products to facilitate aircraft maintenance for the aviation industry. The company also produce inflatable structures to encapsulate products to facilitate maintenance works for the Energy industry.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) - 18 Month Contract - FU5039/3
With the company’s existing experience in smaller scale inflatable structures and the outcomes of this Fusion Project it is hoped to develop a cost effective hybrid hangar design (potentially combining lightweight truss frames with inflatable elements). The overall objective of this project is to design and develop the above new hybrid hangar whilst at the same time introduce and establish a formal JB Roche in-house analysis and design system based on JB Roche existing industry knowledge and innovative ethos and the input from the graduate engineer. This new system will be aiming to design and manufacture a range of cost-effective "Kit-Hangars".
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by JB Roche (MFG) Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess;
- To hold or have been awarded a Min 2.2 Hons Degree, BSc or BEng, in Civil or Mechanical Engineering by June 2017.
- At least two years’ experience of using AutoCAD software in industrial applications
- At least one year experience in using structural analysis software such as MasterSeries or QSE StaadPro.
- Be eligible to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in industrial or manufacturing related subject.
- At least two years’ experience of working in an industrial related environment with proven track record of working as a team or project leader with proven ability to implement new processes and/or manufacturing techniques.
- Experience and knowledge of working with Finite Element method including software packages including, Abacus or Ansys would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Rhino 3D software would also be an advantage
- A working knowledge in industrial design and materials technology is also desirable.
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps go to www.intertradeireland.com/graduates
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!