Intel Ireland Ltd
What the employer says
- Organisation profile
What graduates say
- The Inside buzz from graduates
Inside buzz reviews from graduates (22)
- Career Prospects
- Fun Facts
- Green Initiatives
- In a few words
- Interview Process
- Interview Questions
- Interview: Tips & Advice
- Offices & Dress
- One Small Change
- Relations with Management
- Satisfaction with Work
- Social Mobility
- Why your company?
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Graduate Data Scientist
You should be a graduated student. Possess degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Operation Research, Analytics and Statistics or equivalent expertise.
Key skills you will need (bring some, develop others)
- Use of analytics / machine learning techniques to derive insights from large complex and multi-dimensional dataset including data cleansing.
- Developing new models using both existing technologies as well as derive new R&D efforts across different disciplines.
- Skills in bringing theoretical ideas to proof of concept
- Creating examples, prototypes, extensions for proof of concepts to demonstrate effectiveness of the technologies and models.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts (including visuals) and key insights within the research team and the communities.
- Skill in the use of analytics tools or languages (e.g. R, Python, Matlab)
- Knowledge of (non-)relational and graph databases as well as distributed storage and processing environments (e.g. InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, RethinkDB, Neo4j, OrientDB).
- Software engineering skills (e.g. test driven development, Agile methodologies, build and integration automation)
- Knowledge of resource managers (e.g. OpenStack, Mesos, Kubernetes, VMware)