InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
See.Sense is an award-winning cycling technology and data company, designing innovative, connected products that solve real problems for cyclists. We’ve developed one of the world's first intelligent bike lights, keeping cyclists safer on the road while also collecting crowd-sourced data to help shape smart cities of the future.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 months - FU5057
The main objective of the project is to design and develop an embedded wireless solution for the See.Sense patent pending sensor platform. This will enable it to be used on city bikes, providing a mobile sensor platform for cities.
SeeSense needs to bolster their expertise and to reduce their reliance on bought in technology by designing and developing their own embedded solutions for RF connectivity using Bluetooth, and the emerging Low Power Wide Area network (LPWAN) e.g. LoRa, Sigfox and NB-IoT. In parallel, another important objective is to build up embedded design knowledge and capability within the company, in order to reduce costs, increase innovation, and expand the product range and markets.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by See.Sense to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Letterkenny Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess;
- To hold or have been awarded a Min Degree in Electronic Engineering or closely related discipline by June 2017.
- Knowledge of analogue design, digital design, PCB layout and microcontrollers and firmware;
- Be legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Knowledge of wireless systems and RF design;
- Experience of working in industry would be a distinct advantage.
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps go to www.intertradeireland.com/graduates