InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
Ashley Martin, based in Inishowen, County Donegal, are leaders in the shopfitting industry manufacturing specialised shop interior fittings and display units for pharmacies, fashion houses, and cosmetic companies. The company has over 30 years’ experience fabricating and delivering quality turn key products to strict time plans achieved through focus on details, excellent quality materials and expert craftsmanship.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Contract - FU5072
This project will establish a new product design (NPD) capability within Ashley Martin. This new product design process will have its foundations built upon the development of a new shop fitting bracket system. Including initial concept generation, 3D design, lifecycle considerations, development, prototyping, testing & validation, evaluation, specification, quality control protocols through to transfer to production activities in an efficient and standardised method. To facilitate this and future new product development the company needs to not only develop a 3D CAD design capability but to also have the ability to develop new product ideas through someone skilled in production engineering and/or design.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Ashley Martin Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess;
- Hold, or have been awarded, a minimum 2.2 degree in Production Design, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering by June 2017.
- Experience of 3D CAD design software for new product development.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- High level of IT skills
- Industrial experience in engineering or product design sector would be advantageous
- Production engineering experience such as carpentry, shopfitting or interior design would be a distinct advantage
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps go to www.intertradeireland.com/graduates