InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
MosArt is the leading Irish architectural services and energy consulting company focusing on the internationally recognised Passive House standard. In addition to its architectural and consultancy work it is the only company in Ireland authorised to certify buildings as complying with the Passive House standard. It qualifies for FUSION as it is heavily involved in tradable services performing energy auditing services on an international basis. The service which is the subject of the application is readily tradeable in the UK.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Months - FU5069
The project aims to create an online portal of advanced construction details in order to allow industry to achieve the upcoming nZEB (nearly Zero Energy Buildings) standards.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Ulster University. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess;
- Hold, or be educated to by June 2017, a min. 2.2 Honours degree level qualification as Architectural Technologist/Building Surveyor/Structural Engineer.
- Experience developing construction details for residential and non-residential projects in a professional environment.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or equivalent
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Working knowledge of the Irish Building Regulations and Technical Guidance Document L (2011) Dwellings.
- Experience on bespoke low-energy or Passive House projects.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and use initiative and solve problems
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps go to www.intertradeireland.com/graduates