InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme
What the employer says
Jobs and internships (18)
- Production Engineer, Ashley Martin Ltd
- Wireless Engineer, See.Sense (Limeforge Ltd)
- Design and Project Engineer, JB Roche (MFG) Ltd
- CRM & Web Developer, S-P Group
- Building Energy Technologist, MosArt Landscape Architecture Research Limited
- Mechanical Product Design Engineer, Boyce Precision Engineering Ltd
- Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
- Mechanical Design Engineer, Pre Fab Engineering Ltd (PF Trailers)
- R & D Engineer / Material Scientist åtto Abrasives Ltd
- Process Engineer, Donnell & Ellis Engineering Ltd
- Design Engineer, Gibney Steel Products
- ERP implementation Project Co-Ordinator, Smiley Monroe Ltd
- Process Development Engineer, MOF Technologies Ltd
- Process Improvement Lead, Harlequin Manufacturing Limited
- Product Development Manager, Ashbourne Beef & Lamb Ltd
- Software Developer, Verify Technologies Ltd
- Job Title & Company Full Stack Web Developer, SureDatum Ltd
- Research & Development Manager (Software), Nasc Technologies Ltd (Nasctech)
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!
Environmental Chemist, Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd
Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd manufactures precision turned and milled, stainless steel and plastic parts for OEMs in the medical device, aerospace and electronic industries.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Months - FU5065
The project role will focus on the development and implementation of new effluent treatment processes to reduce the cost of waste disposal and with the aim to recycle water within the system and/or recover value added materials from the waste. These new processes will support the development of other in-house secondary manufacturing processes in addition to “electroless nickel plating” e.g. “clear chem”.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Bellurgan Precision Engineering Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Queen’s University Belfast. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops. Further information on the course is available at http://www.intertradeireland.com/graduates/post-graduate-diploma/
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess;
- At least a 2.2 Honours Degree within the field of chemical, process, mechanical, environmental or related engineering discipline (ideally Chemical Engineering with an Environmental Management aspect) to have been awarded by June 2017
- Good basic knowledge of effluent separation technologies (may be obtained through completion of a student project or undergraduate module
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience of effluent separation technologies, or quality or validation engineering in an industrial environment.
- Can meet the mobility requirements of the post.
To find out more about the InterTradeIreland Graduate Programme and the next steps go to www.intertradeireland.com/graduates