Human Resources Internship
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
Duration: 12 Months
We are currently seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic business student to join our HR Team for 12 months. The successful intern must have a keen interest in pursuing a career in HR as well as a passion to learn and take on new and interesting challenges. This internship will give you a great opportunity to get an insight into the different aspects of HR as well as a better understanding of the workings within a fast paced business environment. Not only will you receive continuous support, feedback and training throughout your placement, you will be given ownership and exposure to significant companywide projects.
An internship at Irish Distillers provides students with the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned during their time in college to projects that really matter to our business. It’s a great opportunity to get exposure to your area of study, in a work environment prior to graduation. Our teams will rely on your skills to help deliver on key projects.
Testimonials from Interns:
“I enjoyed every bit of my internship in IDL. Not only did it give me invaluable skills but it challenged me in so many different ways that I am grateful for, allowing me to continuously push myself. I have gained a lot more confidence in myself and in my abilities. I have been given a lot of responsibility, which really allowed me to really grow in the role. Not only have I had a chance to present to the HR team on numerous occasions but was also put in charge of running a number of initiatives on behalf of the company". – Simi Inembo, HR Intern.
“My internship with IDL provided me with the opportunity to develop personally and professionally. Due to the nature of the role I met and dealt with employees from all areas and levels of the organisation and this gave me an insight into the diverse operations of each department. As a result, I was able to gain a broad array of business knowledge & skills, and more importantly I was given the opportunities and responsibilities to challenge and prove myself daily within a supportive and culturally unique environment. As a place to work Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard is a fantastic employer, providing a gateway between old world knowledge & craft and new world experience & innovation” – Liam Whitney, HR Information Systems Analyst.
- Provide end to end support for all transactional activities within the remit of the HR Business Partner Team.
- Ensure consistency of approach with regard to the above and maintain a continuous improvement mind-set
- Provide timely, accurate information to support the HRBP Team.
- Key Relationships Internal: HRBP’s, Wider HR Team, Business Unit stakeholders.
- Key Relationships External: Recruitment Agencies, IBEC.
4. Key Responsibilities:
Provide support to the HR Business Partner team to deliver a best in class recruitment experience through the following:
- Maximise the use of Internal hiring platforms eg: IMove, Hirevue to ensure efficiencies.
- Maintain all Recruitment Request forms.
- Post all Roles on relevant platforms
- Manage the candidate data base and ensure all candidates receive appropriate response.
- Support with the scheduling of interviews and prepare selection packs for Managers / HRBP.
- Produce metrics to assist with the evaluation of recruitment campaigns.
- Support the offer process to include reference checks, medicals assessments.
- Draft and issue contracts ensuring all new policy/legislative changes are captured and issue starter packs
- Ensure receipt of signed documentation.
Support the Onboarding Process for New Employees to ensure a smooth transition for new employees and hiring managers.
- Liaise with the Hiring Manager to co-ordinate induction plan for new employees.
- Co-ordinate the Discover IDPR Process
- Ensure induction material is updated to include new initiatives eg: Barrelman Rewards, EVP.
- Monitor probation periods and issue timely reminders to relevant HRBP & Manager
- Ensure probation period reviewed by Manager in timely manner
- Issue letter re confirmation of permanent employment / end of probation period as relevant
- Oversee the communication to employees of entitlement to benefits on completion of 6 months’ service.
Employee File Maintenance
Ensure that all Employee files are up to date and that all changes relating to an employment are tracked.
- Ensure employees files are in place for all current Employees.
- Ensure all files are up to date.
- Ensure that all leaver files are processed and stored as per legal requirements.
- Track all detail associated with Fixed Term Employees to include contract end dates, renewal dates.
- Manage the Employee Change request process (Core Amends) by ensuring Payroll are informed of changes.
- Maintain up to date Organisational Charts for all functions.
- Liaise with payroll department on a weekly/monthly basis to ensure all joiner/leaver updates are submitted by the set deadline.
- Ensure follow up with Managers to ensure direct reports exiting the business have returned all Co. property/equipment – Line Manager
Ensure consistency of approach with regard to the administration of Employee Relations issues.
- Develop Letter Templates to support those required as per the Grievance and Disciplinary process.
- Prepare correspondence as required by the HRBP’s track all Employee Relations cases and provides analysis on trends.
- Provide Administration support to the HRBP team through attendance at meetings, minute taking and correspondence.
HR Team Support
- Process, track and manage the administration of Purchase Orders.
- Collect, sort and distribute post on a daily basis
- Prepare Recruitment Starter Packs and issue promptly as required by HR team.
- Collate and distribute relevant reports for both HR Business Partners and Employee Development Manager.
- Assist in the recruitment process for replacements, new hires and graduate programme.
5.Key skills required:
- Excellent planning, organisation and project management skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritise within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active and motivated team player.
- IT Literate – MS Office
6.Qualifications and experience:
- Working towards achieving 3rd level qualification, in HR or relevant complementary field of study.
- Minimum average grades 2:2
- Customer service work experience an advantage
- An outgoing, flexible, energetic, results orientated, people person with a strong customer service ethic
- Genuinely interested in going into HR.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!