Graduate English Business Coordinator
Are you interested in a job accelerating globalization in an innovative Japanese corporation? Sekisui Chemical Group is looking for a new graduate to join our Human Resources Department as an English Business Coordinator in line with our efforts to enhance global business communication.
What we offer you
Working for Sekisui Chemical will provide you with an excellent opportunity to gain global business experience in a strongly established Japanese organization. Sekisui is all about chemicals but it’s our people who make up the winning formula for our commercial success. You will have a full support network in place to enable you to make the most of a range of exciting responsibilities, through which you can enhance your talents and develop your business skills.
Throughout your two year contract, some of your opportunities will include:
- Learning a new language.
- Experiencing a unique business style.
- Developing your global business communication skills and abilities.
- A development plan focused on providing you with all the business skills necessary to launch your successful career.
- Business travel within Japan and possible international travel.
- Attending training programs to develop and enhance your skills
What is your Role?
As an English Business Coordinator, you will also have the chance to make a valuable contribution to the development of the English language and communication skills of our employees but we also want you to develop your business skills.
First Stage: (6-12 months)
- Teaching employees English language and communication skills.
- Develop individual English programs for Employees.
- Assist with the running of events organized by the HR Department.
- Assist with the international recruitment process in Japan.
- Learn about our company and business and make valuable connections within Sekisui Chemical.
2nd Stage (remainder of contract)
- Work in all stages of the international recruitment process, from advertising to interview and hiring to onboarding.
- Work with different departments to assist with English related projects and training.
- Work on the continuous development of language and communication in Sekisui.
- Opportunities to pitch your own projects to drive global growth.
- Some English teaching may be required but will no longer be a primary responsibility.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer you a benefits packaged tailored to provide you with support and the best possible experience of life and work in Japan. Some key features include:
- Competitive salary
- 18 days holiday per year plus 15 National Japanese holidays
- All commuting expenses
- Studio apartment is organised and approx. 70% subsidised (you pay ￥23,100/ ~€190 per month)
- Excellent personal and career development opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Assistance with Visa process
- Flights to Japan
- Weekly Japanese lessons during work hours
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Assistance with settling into life in Japan (phone/wifi setup etc.)
We at Sekisui are particularly excited to extend this opportunity to candidates in Ireland this year. 2017 marks 60 years of successful relations with Japan, and will also see Japan host Ireland for some friendly competition in the run up to the Rugby World Cup 2019. It is in this spirit of effort to bridge the gaps in distance and culture that we hope you will apply, to further develop Sekisui Japan’s lasting global relationships and opportunities for business collaboration.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills, qualities and qualifications.
- Fluent English
- Excellent communication skills
- Educated to degree standard (Business, Language, Education, HR related areas)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn a new language and understand a new culture
- An interest in gaining international business and work experience
If successful, by the end of your contract you will have the skills, confidence and unique experiences necessary to succeed in an exciting and ever evolving world of global business. So if you have the determination to steer Sekisui as it shifts gears in to the next phase of global growth, don’t hesitate! Take hold of the wheel, and apply below today!
How to Apply
- Please go to our website via the 'apply online' button and send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If successful in Stage 1, we will request your CV and a 1 page summary of your education experience describing how it will benefit you in this role.
- If successful in Stage 2, we will invite you for interview.
Our planned dates and locations for interviews are as follows:
Dublin: August 8th-August 9th
London: August 10th –August 11th
PLEASE NOTE: if you experience problems with the excel application form, please email: email@example.com immediately, using the subject line: "Application Form Request", and we will send through an alternative application form.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!