Graduate - Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd (GDG) (Project: Port/Harbour Infrastructure)
Project: Port/Harbour Infrastructure
GDG is a specialist geotechnical engineering consultant that aims to become the market leading expert in this field in the UK. We specialist in the analysis of soil-structure interaction and we offer innovation to projects involving particularly challenging ground conditions or complex construction sequences. We aim to provide value engineering and more efficient designs through innovative design approaches.
For more information visit www.gdgeo.com
Graduate Location – Ireland: Dublin
Graduate Location – Overseas: Edinburgh, Scotland
The graduate’s role primary role is to accelerate our approach into the UK market through detailed analysis and business development support in the ports and harbours sectors.
A detailed assessment of our technical capabilities is required, which will then allow the graduate to establish a potential pipeline that GDG can target. The graduates will also have a function in the development and implementation of a refined market access strategy including client specific marketing.
At a more general level, enhanced brand awareness will also be required and a series of campaigns shall be developed over the next 12 months to increase name recognition.
Graduate Tasks / Key Deliverables
The graduate’s main tasks will include the following:
- Market Definition – research into the market dynamics. For the ports and harbour sector, this will include investigating the status quo in relation to CAPEX and OPEX on ports/harbours over the past decade, and how this relates to future targets
- Procurement Research – Develop an understanding of rules of engagement for public and private bidding.
- Pipeline – Develop a pipeline for GDG prioritising opportunities in ports/harbour projects that are well aligned with GDG’s technical skillset
- Marketing and UK branding – develop and implement a strategy to increase name recognition the UK in the two main sectors mentioned previously. This strategy should be focused toward our potential client base
- Structure a tendering procedure for the UK – this will involve the design and implementation of an efficient and streamlined tendering process that allows GDG to increase bidding without using excessive resources.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the civil engineering sector
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills (written, presentation, etc)
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible work attitude (ability to adapt to different challenges and daily tasks)
- Excellent IT and software skills
- Ability to progress projects independently
- Strong technical understanding of geotechnical engineering concepts
- Understanding of the civil engineering sector and sub-disciplines
How to Apply
Click on apply online below. You will be taken to our G4IG website where you will need to REGISTER to see all of the G4IG 2017 jobs listed. Click on a job that appeals to you and then click on the link to apply for the job.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!