Waterpark Pool Manager
A vacancy exists with Funtasia Waterpark for a suitably qualified Pool Manager to ensure the efficient and safe operation and management of the Pool areas including all water chutes, children’s pools, changing areas, and Plant room.
Reporting directly to the Centre Manager the successful candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that all facilities are operated in accordance with all established Standard Operating Procedures and Environmental Operating Plans and facility rules to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the key management team and should have at least two years’ experience in a similar environment and be a self-motivated individual with well-developed relationship management/supervisory skills.
A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar supervisory/ management role is required for this permanent role.
Principal duties and responsibilities;
- To deliver high quality customer focused service, which guarantees repeat custom
- Enforcing policies and procedures which ensure safe, efficient and effective operation of all Waterpark facilities
- Responsible for management, training and evaluating of lifeguard staff and deck supervisors
- Responsible for maintaining all relevant staff qualifications and attending training sessions as part of normal working arrangements
- Duties involve oversight of all pool operations, including first aid, rotations and scheduling for lifeguarding staff
- Responsible for the day to day operation and inspection of Pool Plant Equipment (Water Quality, Chemical Dosing and Water Filtration)
- Co-ordinating the maintenance of all equipment and ensuring comprehensive maintenance and health and safety records are maintained
- Liaising and collaboration with the Centre Manager and other senior managers to ensure co-ordinated approach to facilitating both group and ad-hoc bookings
- Co-ordinating with Duty Managers to ensure the facility is operated to an excellent standard
- Supervise the entire facilities operations during assigned shifts as Leader of the Waterpark team.
The successful candidate will have an overall ability to manage staff, to foster teamwork, delegate effectively, supervise tasks and motivate staff. This should be demonstrated by the following key competencies:-
- Holder of the National Pool Plant Operator Certificate (or equivalent)
- Royal Life Saving Society (or equivalent)
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- A recognised certified First Aid qualification
- An ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a number of different teams
- A proven ability to deliver high quality customer focused service, which guarantees repeat custom
- An ability to organise and prioritise work to meet exacting deadlines and to work accurately under pressure in a demanding environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and Time Management skills
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to show initiative
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
- Irish Sports Council – Code of Ethics and Good Practice in Children’s Sport Certificate
- Third level or higher qualification in Leisure Management industry or similar
- Royal Lifesaving Society (or equivalent) – Qualified Rookie Lifeguard Instructor
- Royal Lifesaving Society (or equivalent) - Qualified Teacher Assessor for Pool Lifeguard
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!