Graduate Media Buyer
GroupM is the WPP owned media group. It serves as the parent company to MediaCom, Mindshare, WaveMaker.
Its primary purpose is to maximise the performance of its media agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.
The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring unfair competitive advantage to our clients and our companies.
About the team and clients
The available position is to work within our trading department to assist the team develop TV, press, radio and digital solutions which deliver on clients’ overall communication and business objectives as well as creating market-leading value. This is a unique opportunity which will give the right person both the opportunity to learn about digital, press, radio and TV, the advertising industry and the wider media sector whilst gaining hands on experience in media buying.
- Liaising closely with Account Managers to understand client business and deliver against objectives
- Buying television, press, radio and digital campaigns across all media owners
- All airtime administration including strike rates, coverage delivery, quality parameters, spot matching and spend checking with media owners
- Regular market analysis
- Post campaign reconciliation and analysis
- Digital trafficking
- Merchandising results to account planners and clients on a regular basis
You are someone who has, or is…
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent communication skills, phone, email and face-to-face
- Attention to detail – you will be checking campaign delivery and analysing reports
- Good ability to work on your own initiative
- Forward thinking, analytical and passionate
- A mature approach to work & building a long-term career
- Someone is interested in the dynamic and evolving media landscape
- An ability to work under pressure and deliver against deadlines
- Understands the role of media in the overall marketing mix & the role it plays for clients
- An aptitude for numbers
… and someone who likes to socialise and get involved in/organise social events!
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Ricky Joyce via the 'apply by email' button.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!