NIBRT is a world-class institute that provides training and research solutions for the bioprocessing industry. Our mission is to support the bioprocessing industry by providing a unique research environment that conducts research in support of modern industrial bioprocessing. The purpose of this role is to engage in a laboratory-based project to establish continuous culture systems of mammalian cells and to modify the glycans of the resulting monoclonal antibodies by optimized enzymatic changes.
This position will be based in the bespoke state of the art training facility on Fosters Avenue, Mount Merrion in Dublin.
This role will report directly to Professor Mike Butler, Chief Scientific Officer in NIBRT who is currently working on establishing a new cell technology lab.
We are seeking to recruit a Post-doctoral Researcher for Cell Technology on a project concerned with glycan modification of monoclonal antibodies produced from continuous culture operations. The project will involve collaboration with two PhD students who have been appointed to start in September 2017.
The project involves the following:-
- Establish bench-scale culture of mammalian cells to operate in batch, fed-batch or continuous modes
- Identify critical process parameters that affect productivity through analysis of steady states
- Apply enzymatic modification for targeted glycoform production of the antibodies produced in the bioreactors
- Determine receptor binding capacity of the specific glycoforms produced
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Applicants will be expected to hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in a related scientific field, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Life Sciences and will also ideally have experience in cell technology.
- A background in cell culture and product characterization particularly related to glycosylation analysis
- Previous experience in laboratory management would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self- starter, capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a busy training team.
For more information on this role, please see - http://www.nibrt.ie/media/PostDoctoralResearcher-July20171.pdf
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!