EUI Remunerated Traineeship - Academic Service
The Academic Service of the European University Institute, based in Florence (Italy) is looking for a trainee with a strong interest in web and multimedia in order to support the activities of the academic skills and professional development programme.
- Set-up of websites for new initiatives of the programme (e.g. for 3-minute video Ph.D. competition)
- Supporting the run of webinars
- Supporting doctoral students with the use of multimedia tools and apps
- Set-up of online questionnaires and surveys
- Support in drafting charts, reports and basic data analysis
- General assistance of the activities of the Academic and Professional Development Programme
- Administrative assistance of the Academic Service activities
Type and Duration:
- 12 months, the first three months of which constitute a trial period.
- Full time (Monday to Friday; 8 hours/day).
- Start of the traineeship: 1 October 2017
Conditions for Eligibility
The candidates must:
- Be nationals of a European Union member state, or of a candidate country which benefits from a pre-accession strategy (nationals of non-member states may be accepted on the basis of a specific agreement of the Secretary General);
- Have a thorough knowledge of English (equivalent to level C1)
- Knowledge of another European language may be an advantage but this is not a requirement (it should be taken into account that English, French and Italian are the main working languages at the EUI).
- Are studying for a first (post-secondary education) degree and are in the process of obtaining the qualification; OR
- Are involved in a vocational training programme; OR
- Have obtained the above (B or C) qualification, no longer than 18 months prior to the beginning of the traineeship;
All rules governing the traineeship refer to the President's Decision no.39/2013
IMPORTANT: please note that persons who do not meet the conditions above should not apply and may not receive any response if they choose to do so.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Good drafting skills and basic knowledge of data management and analysis
- Good knowledge of WordPress, experience with other content management systems
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of social media tools
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- General interest to test new multimedia apps and online tools
- Basic experience with graphic design programmes
- Experience in database management
- Maintenance grants of 1.300 Euros per month;
- A discount of 40 per cent for one lunch per day at the EUI canteen;
- Travel cost reimbursement for the journey to Italy from his/her place of origin and final return trip is provided;
- Access to EUI facilities: Library, PC Rooms, Cafeteria, Gym
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!