Food Technologist -The Foods of Athenry Ltd
The Foods of Athenry Ltd. operates a Gluten Free Bakery: the products produced include granola, muesli, crackers, crispbreads, Christmas puddings, fruit cakes, flapjacks, bars, scones, muffins and dry mixes. Wheat and spelt products are also produced in separate premises. The company currently supplies Dunnes Stores, Musgraves and exports to the United Kingdom (approximately 26% of sales). Export customers include Selfridges, Harrods and Waitrose.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) - 18 Month Contract
The main objective is to develop new products for the private label gluten free sector and to extend the shelf life of a range of existing products and therefore enable export sales to the American Market.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by The Foods of Athenry Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with CAFRE. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Degree or equivalent in Food Technology OR an Honours degree in a Science subject with a minimum of one food technology related module.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- One years’ experience in the food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of bakery products – science, technology and nutrition.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!