New Product Development Manager, Chapman Foods of Battlehill Ltd
Chapman foods of Battlehill ltd is a food manufacturing company that provides Bramley apple & rhubarb pie filling to the bakery and wholesale sectors in the Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) - 18 Month Contract
The aim of this project is to establish a New Product Development Process.
The main objectives of the project are to design, develop and expand a range of fruit based products
This will enable the company to enter the wholesale market in the UK and potentially opening opportunities in the retail market.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Chapman foods Of Battlehill Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Dublin Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min BSc 2.1 in Biological Science, Food Science or Chemical Sciences.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience in novel product development process.
- Experience working in the Food Industry (i.e. placement).
- A high standard of Communication Skills (Oral, Written, Presentation etc).
- Excellent Organisational and Administrative skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!