Design Engineer, Muldoon Transport Systems Ltd
Muldoon Transport Systems Ltd, based in Dungannon, Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland have been designing, manufacturing and supplying cutting edge transport solutions to the bulk materials distribution for more than 40 years. Focusing on innovative products to meet the demanding and competitive needs of today’s transport industry, We work closely with the industry and our customers to design and manufacture products that will give them a competitive edge and ensure unrivalled efficiency, operation and safety.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 months
The Fusion project will be a New Product Development project focusing on the need to replace the current power mechanism and use for the pneumatic blower/fan/compressor. Used within the agricultural and construction sectors to discharge bulk granular products (e.g. grain or cement) from the large HGVs transporting such products.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Muldoon Transport Systems Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Trinity College Dublin. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 Hons Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience in 3D modelling. Ideally Solid Works
- Experience in design and manufacturing or production processes (Solidworks preferable)
- Experience in the HGV/Trailer or specialist vehicle industry desirable but not essential.
In addition to the above, applicants ideally will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills, good problem solver.
- Strong organisational and planning ability.
- Ability to work in a team and motivate others.
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative.
- Previous experience in mid-size SME.
- Interest in design and product development.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!