Software Developer, Firmwave Limited
Firmwave (www.firmwave.com) is an innovative software company based in Dublin that develops solutions in the Internet of Things (IoT) market. Firmwave technology forms part of many smart connected systems. Firmwave connect, manage and maintain IoT devices and have developed a new product called Firmwave® Edge which has built-in hardware and firmware modules to leverage the power and flexibility of the Intel® Quark™ microcontroller technology and provides a platform for customers to quickly and easily connect, manage and maintain their edge devices in an efficient and secure way.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Contract
Firmwave are developing an Internet of Things (IoT) device management platform that monitors IoT/smart devices. IoT solutions are expensive and require highly bespoke operations. This level of complexity makes IoT deployments lengthy, costly and inefficient. Firmwave wants to address these issues by offering a solution to the market that aggregates communications from the multiple diverse sensor types and connectivity networks across a secure network platform. The Fusion project is to develop a Firmwave IoT management platform software product to manage large numbers of IoT devices (whether they are Firmwave devices or not) via a cloud application programme interfaces (APIs) to allow Firmwave to expand its product offering to customers
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Firmwave Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 Degree in Computing / Software Engineering / IT/Electronics
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience of software development;
- Minimum 1-year industrial software development experience
- RESTFul API development and an understanding of Cloud software Graphical user interface design
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!