Mechanical/Agricultural Design Engineer, Hand Engineering Ltd
Hand Engineering was founded in 1997 in Dromone, Oldcastle, Co. Meath. The company manufactures and supplies machine equipment for the Agricultural, Forestry, Construction, Horticultural and Peat Harvesting sectors. Their main products include a peat harvester and zero grazing machines. The company is also a leading supplier of tractor pick up hitches and log splitters, excavator attachments such as buckets, lawn rakes, quick hitches or couplers. The company operate on a global scale with markets across Europe, Asia, Australia, USA and Canada
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Months
The project will aim to develop an in house design function facility to design, develop and test two new unique agricultural machines that will enhance the company’s existing product range. Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Hand Engineering Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the South West College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering;
- Min 2 years Industrial Experience in the Engineering Sector and Knowledge of 3D CAD design; (solidworks)
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience in Solidworks;
- Postgraduate qualification in a design/design for manufacture discipline;
- Practical experience of working in engineering workshop and the agricultural
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!