Web Developer (Security & Compliance), Aphix Software
Aphix Software is a software development company that has developed a cloud based platform for wholesalers and distributors throughout the world. Their flagship products, WebShop and SalesRep link with all major ERP systems. WebShop is a specialized B2B ecommerce solution and SalesRep provides sales reps with a mobile application.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) - 12 Month Contract
The main objective of this project is to research, design and oversee the development of a suite of applications on top of the existing platform that offer the latest in data security measures which will enable the company to secure lucrative deals with global ERP partners and at the same time develop processes for continuous integration of data and cyber security research into the software development process.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Aphix Software Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Southern Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- Research and stay up to date with main security and privacy standards including GDPR and ISO27001
- Quality assurance, testing, code review and release planning of your own work and that of others
- Performing maintenance and updates with our customer success team
- Produce technical research and design documentation
- Code in the latest MVC frameworks (e.g. Zend Framework, Symfony, Code Ignitor, etc.)
- Use version control systems such as GIT
- Use tracking tools such as Jira
- Maintain clear and complete communication both written and verbal, with the team and externally
- Work effectively as a member of a team and alone to achieve deadlines and deliver high quality services.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Minimum 2.2 Degree in Computer Science, Digital Media, Data Analytics or similar.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Proven commitment to achieving deadlines, delivering high quality services and experience of working effectively as a member of a team.
- Postgraduate qualification or project work relating to data privacy or data security
- 1 to 3 years’ experience of working in the industry would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of Agile development methodology
- Relevant knowledge of data privacy and /or security
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the team and externally
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!