Pile Testing Engineer, Quinn Piling
Quinn Piling is a specialist piling contractor working in Ireland and the UK. The Company designs and installs pile foundations and ground anchors for domestic, commercial and marine projects using its own in-house design teams and piling equipment. The Company also designs and installs bored pile retaining walls and geothermal heating systems. The Company can also test ground anchors and monitor bored pile retaining walls and vibrations during piling works.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Contract
The main objective of this project is to develop capability for carrying out bearing and integrity pile testing within the company. This will enable the company to enhance its service offering to customers, time reduce project delays and reduce operating cost resulting from a reliance on external service companies.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Quinn Piling Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Institute of Technology Sligo. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 Degree in Mechatronics, Control Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or cognate discipline
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Postgraduate qualification in control systems, instrumentation, Civil, Mechanical or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Experience working in the Civil Engineering industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in quality control testing in a construction related field.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!