2018 Graduate Programme
The Central Bank of Ireland’s Graduate Programme is designed to identify and nurture talent, those with a proven academic track record who are passionate, energetic and driven to achieve their career goals.
In choosing to start your career with the Central Bank, your development, your career and your contribution will be our priority and we will provide the environment and opportunities for you to:
- Do your best work every day
- Make a real difference and deliver output that matters
- Benefit from a panoramic view of the financial system
- Grow your career and achieve your personal and professional goals
- Become an expert in your field, a future leader in our organisation.
We offer a three-year Graduate Programme across two main streams.
STREAM ONE – FINANCE & RISK
Successful applicants to this stream will be placed across a range of business areas, allowing them to get involved in diverse activities such as:
- Developing and implementing policy
- Advancing their expertise in financial and non-financial risk
- Analysing emerging trends to identify and mitigate risk
- Assisting in the supervision of financial institutions.
Applicants for this stream should have recently attained, or expect to attain in the current academic year, a primary degree (2.1 minimum) or post-graduate qualification in a business, finance, engineering or related discipline (Level 8 or above on the NFQ).
To apply for the Finance & Risk stream, please click here.
STREAM TWO – DATA ANALYTICS
Successful applicants to this stream will help manage the data that the Central Bank collects, stores and produces. This reflects a range of activities including:
- Contributing to how we screen and transmit data
- Helping us to build and maintain our data infrastructure
- Using data analytics tools to find out what’s behind the numbers.
Applicants for this stream should have recently attained, or expect to attain in the current academic year, a primary degree (2.1 minimum) or post-graduate qualification in the area of statistics/econometrics, business analytics, computer science, maths, finance, economics, risk or any related quantitative discipline (Level 8 or above on the NFQ).
To apply for the Data Analytics stream, please click here.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
On the Graduate Programme, you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction programme
- A tailored development programme
- A rotation into a related business area to gain a broader perspective and experience
- Encouragement and support to complete further study
- A dedicated mentor
- Focused on-the-job training
- A supportive Graduate Network
- Career development guidance
- A supportive performance management system
- State-of-the-art in-house training facilities and study spaces.
On the Graduate Programme, you can expect:
- Competitive salary (c. €29k)
- 24 days’ annual leave
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities
- Educational assistance and paid study leave
- Flexible working hours and excellent work-life balance
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Recognition programme
- Great sports and social opportunities
- A growing Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme
- Employee wellness programmes
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Taxsaver commuter ticket scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
If you have these skills and attributes, we want to hear from you.
- You are driven, motivated and a self-starter
- You want to learn
- You know how to collaborate and make a positive impact in a team – encouraging and supporting us all to be better
- You operate with the highest levels of integrity
- You can make decisions
- You have recently attained, or expect to attain in the current academic year, the relevant primary degree or postgraduate qualifications (2.1 minimum) listed above for the Finance & Risk or Data Analytics streams
- If you have previous experience or have completed an internship within financial services or a related area, that’s great. However, it is by no means a requirement.
Do you think you are a good fit for the Central Bank? Are we a good fit for you? Are you ready to make an impact and grow your career? If you are nodding “Yes” to these questions, we want to hear from you.
If you wish to apply for the Finance & Risk stream, please click here.
If you wish to apply for the Data Analytics stream, please click here.
Closing date: 5th November 2017
We have partnered with cut-e for this campaign and they will be managing applications for the Graduate Programme and can provide any additional information you may need regarding the process. On submitting your application, you will receive an automated message to confirm your application has been received. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application within 24 hours of applying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Central Bank of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications from a diverse mix of candidates. If we can make any accommodation to enable us to see the best version of you during the selection process, please contact email@example.com. All disclosed information will be kept confidential.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!