Software Programmer-EPOS, Opus Retail Solutions Ltd
Opus Retail Solutions provides Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) solutions for retail, wholesale and the hospitality sector through their Retail Manager software suite. Current Customers range from PLC’s such as Butlins, Brand Addition and Google (Ireland) to Independent stores- such as Healthwise and local department stores such as Camerons.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 12 Month Contract
Undertaking the Fusion project will enhance the Opus Retail Manager product sales by:
- Addressing a customer requirement for a cloud based system.
- Proving a state of the art, network aware cloud implementation.
- Providing for simpler Customization.
- Removing High Maintenance Components.
- Introducing new features:
- Retail Manager Live Reporting
- Cloud based apps
- Improved branding and usability
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Opus Retail Solutions Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the Athlone Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 Degree in Software Development/Computer Science/Business Computing.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience of working within industry would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of designing and developing content management systems.
- Experience of designing and cloud based systems.
- Experience in accounting would be desirable.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!