Product Development Manager - Tasty Foods Cuisine Ltd
Tasty Foods is a progressive food manufacturing company within the NI market, producing pastes, pies, sauces, sausage rolls and catering products. Tasty Food products are retailed by a number of large retailers and foodservice outlets within NI as well as by a large number of independent retailers.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 month Contract
The main objective of this project is to establish a New Product Development (NPD) unit within the business that will develop formalised processes for NPD. To develop a range of products through this system that are suitable for retail into the large multiple retailers. This will help the company grow further in NI and establish itself in ROI & UK markets.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Tasty Foods Cuisine Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Dublin Institute of Technology. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 degree in a Food Science or Food related discipline
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Previous experience of Nutrition and product development
- Experience working in the Food Industry (ie placement).
- A high standard of Communication Skills (Oral, Written, Presentation etc).
- Excellent Organisational and Administrative skills including a proven ability to work to deadlines
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!