Occupational Therapist (Basic Grade)
- Hold a recognised qualification and be registered with CORU.
- Have own car and a full, clean driving license
The service may also create a panel of successful applicants for a future start date.
To apply: Please click through via the 'Apply by Email' button
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday the 20th October 2017
Aspect is an HSE funded service which supports clients in Cork and Kerry who are over the age of 18 and have a primary diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome (A.S.)/ ASD Non-ID.
Main Service Objectives
- To provide an individualised service in the community through the provision of support and intervention (key-working, Multi-Disciplinary intervention, counselling, training/intervention programmes, and social groups).
- To provide support to family members.
- To increase awareness, education and understanding of Asperger Syndrome/ ASD Non-ID among professionals and the wider community.
- To advocate on behalf of clients and their family when appropriate.
- To promote personal independence
The Aspect model of service is underpinned by client choice, maximising independence, confidentiality, personal and social development, health and well-being, active citizenship, and active service involvement. Aspect staff are experienced professionals who provide specialised support and intervention to clients.
Each client is assigned a key worker, and together they identify the main areas of support and intervention on which the client wishes to focus. Typical areas of intervention can include:
- communication and social interaction
- physical, psychological and cognitive well-being
- sensory sensitivities
- independent living skills
- social and community involvement
- leisure and recreation
Key workers can also liaise with training agencies, educational institutions, medical professionals, housing agencies, and employment services to support clients and promote awareness, education and understanding of Asperger Syndrome/ ASD Non-ID.
The Aspect Service also provides Multi-Disciplinary support to clients, such as Counselling, Social Work, Occupational Therapy and Psychology. The service also facilitates training programmes and workshops which focus on specific interventions and skills.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!