Data Analyst, WAVTEQ Limited
WAVTEQ (Group) is an international specialized consultancy focused on delivering advisor and business intelligence to economic development organizations worldwide. WAVTEQ (Ireland) is the software development centre for the group, responsible for the development of bespoke business intelligence platforms. For more information please visit www.wavteq.com
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Contract
The project will involve the research and development of a prototype investment intelligence system. This system will be designed to deliver intelligence and data on the overseas investment and expansion strategy of companies worldwide. Through the development of artificial intelligence and machine learning, the aim is to create an end to end automated research platform that delivers a relevant, comprehensive and structured global data set
Reporting directly to the Chief Technical Officer, you will be employed by WAVTEQ Limited to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Queen’s University, Belfast.
As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast.
This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post
Candidates must possess
- Bachelor 2.1 degree, or above in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in mathematical modelling and programming
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience researching, evaluating and applying new data analytics techniques, tools and methodologies
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills, capable of understanding business requirements.
- Masters degree in relevant field a distinct advantage
- Experience in machine learning / automation software development
- Experience with database technologies and /or enterprise level applications.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!