Graduate / Junior Quantity Surveyor
JS Dooley Contracting Ltd is a well-established general building contractor that works across a wide variety of sectors. These include commercial, retail, education, health, biomedical and research and residential. Established in 2006, the company has consistently grown year on year due to its policy of providing a quality product at a competitive cost.
The company is seeking interest for the following positions;
- Trainee Quantity Surveyor; JS Dooley will offer the right candidate a full scholarship programme for individuals interested in pursuing a challenging and varied career. Scholarship candidates will be expected to pursue a BSc QS and full professional status MSCSI MRICS.
- Graduate / Junior Quantity Surveyor; 1-3 years’ experience in either a PQS or Main Contractor background. The candidate should have full professional status MSCSI & RICS.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding midland based Building Contractor with a strong arrear of repeat clients. Both positions will be office based in Portlaoise with various travelling as required for general post contract meetings and cost control duties. The roles will offer excellent opportunity for career progression with strong support and mentoring from senior staff. Remuneration package will be based on experience.
Requirements & Role
- Client focus, and strong client relationship management skills are key to this position, together with excellent communication and PC skills, strong attention to detail, and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, in an energetic and innovative working environment. Ambitious, energetic and professional attitude towards your work.
- Estimating and tendering. Preparation of tender documentation for both traditional first principle estimating and preparation of subcontractor packages.
- Quantity Surveying. Project Surveyor duties on live project includes; appointment of subcontractors, liaising with the project managers and purchase managers, procurement, progress claims, variation control and forecast cost reporting.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!