IT Quality Assurance Analyst
At Virgin Media, we’ve got a very different way of looking at the world - and it shows in what we're like as a place to work. We think work should be fun - because fun is what our customers demand from our services. So you'll be joining a bunch of people who are free-spirited, capable of coming up with their own ideas, and given free rein to put their talents to their best use. But besides being all about fun, we're also deadly serious when it comes to putting our customers first! Whether it’s TV, mobile, home phone or super-fast broadband services, at Virgin Media Ireland we’re 110% focused on making our customers lives easier, richer and a little bit more fun.
It’s not a nine-to-five, clock in and tune out sort of place. And there’s no corporate mask to put on at the door – you can just be yourself. We’re hard working, but in it together. Creating something special. Because let’s face it. If you don’t love what you do, it’s time to do something else. Join us.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our IT QA team.
Quality Assurance analysts are pivotal positions bringing together the greater business community, our strong in-country IT support functions, Central IT and outsourced partners to develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance testing procedures
The aim of the role is primarily to;
Develop and maintain test plans and suites for various types of manual QA including regression, functional, system tests and UAT
- Develop and execute all types of manual testing
- Report, track and determine priority of reported bugs
Specific Tasks/ Duties:
- Document test procedures, problems, findings and results.
- Develop and implement test schedules and processes.
- Plan and work flexibly to a deadline
- Gather, analyse, and summarize test results from various test and business teams and present overviews at regular intervals during project test phases.
- Evaluate the importance of test results and compare to acceptable variances
- Log, track, and close defects throughout the software development process.
- Contribute information based on test results to architecture and development teams and other relevant technical groups.
- Work closely with developers and a variety of business end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Manage customer expectations
- Synthesize complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail.
- Develop and communicate status results/reports to project/product leaders and present the implications of test results on overall project plans.
- Develop documentation according to standard methodologies.
We need a talented person who possess’s strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience, and creativity.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated to the development and delivery of quality IT applications through standard test methodologies and coordination of the testing effort.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
Closing date for the graduate applications is 31st January 2018!
Apply below and please ensure you select one of the Virgin Media IRELAND options from the drop down menu
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!