At Virgin Media, we’ve got a very different way of looking at the world - and it shows in what we're like as a place to work. We think work should be fun - because fun is what our customers demand from our services. So you'll be joining a bunch of people who are free-spirited, capable of coming up with their own ideas, and given free rein to put their talents to their best use. But besides being all about fun, we're also deadly serious when it comes to putting our customers first! Whether it’s TV, mobile, home phone or super-fast broadband services, at Virgin Media Ireland we’re 110% focused on making our customers lives easier, richer and a little bit more fun.
It’s not a nine-to-five, clock in and tune out sort of place. And there’s no corporate mask to put on at the door – you can just be yourself. We’re hard working, but in it together. Creating something special. Because let’s face it. If you don’t love what you do, it’s time to do something else. Join us.
About the Role:
This is a role within the Virgin Media Ireland Access Engineering team. This team is responsible for the design, delivery, operation and maintenance of Virgin Media’s Access Network & Broadband Delivery platforms.
The successful candidate will work within the Access Engineering team on a variety of activities including day-to-day support on maintenance issues, DOCSIS capacity planning and installation, network segmentation planning and installation, ad-hoc project activity.
Through working with subject matter experts, the successful candidate will gain exposure to and experience in many aspects of Access Engineering and Broadband Service delivery, including: IP, Optical and Radio Frequency Technology, HFC & FTTP Infrastructure, Capacity Planning, Problem Solving and Project Management.
- Pro-active attitude and eagerness to learn
- An engineer to the core. Likes to make things better. Likes to automate out inefficiencies
- Advocate of the Virgin brand values
- Challenges the status quo
- Firm interest in the industry and proven interest in personal development in this area
- Proven quick learner
- Flexible and prepared to work in a fast moving often challenging environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys what they do and likes to have a fun doing it
- Minimum third level degree in an Engineering, Electronics or Telecommunications subject
- An Upper second-Class Honours degree or higher
- Good knowledge of Electrical Principles and Radio Frequency technology
- High level knowledge of DOCSIS 3.0 & 3.1 protocols
- High level knowledge of 10G EPON
- Good knowledge of FTTP infrastructure and architectures
- Good knowledge of IP networking/protocols
- Full understanding of the 7 Layer OSI model
- Good analytical skills – ability to support capacity planning and bandwidth consumption modelling
- Ability to travel to headend facilities across the country and work out of hours is an advantage
- High level of competency in Microsoft Excel
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and, of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.
Closing date for the graduate applications is 31st January 2018!
Apply below and please ensure you select one of the Virgin Media IRELAND options from the drop down menu
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!