Sports Business Consulting - Business Analyst
Portas Consulting is a leading global management consultancy dedicated to the sports industry. We currently have offices in the UK, UAE and Brazil.
We provide independent advice and complete solutions to senior executives in sport on their most critical, urgent and complex challenges, drawing on a combination of deep sports knowledge, practical insights and blue chip consulting expertise.
We work with clients from across the sports sector, including governments, federations, corporate businesses, clubs, private equity firms and charitable foundations. Our projects are wide and varied, spanning strategy, organisation, governance, planning and evaluation. For example, we have recently: devised a market entry strategy for a global ticketing company; developed a mass participation strategy for a national government; created a new player registration system for a major governing body; and developed an approach to deliver an insight-led customer-centric organisation for a major sports retailer.
We have exciting opportunities for a small number of Business Analysts in our London and Middle East offices. New recruits will quickly become an integral part of the team, working side by side with Portas partners and our clients.
The main responsibilities of the Business Analyst are as follows:
- Own and conduct analysis
- Gather knowledge and undertake research
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Draw out insights and synthesise findings
- Develop independent sections of client documents and presentations
- Contribute to team problem-solving – e.g., identifying issues, structuring the approach, developing recommendations
- Interact effectively with clients and industry experts – e.g.
- Help prepare, conduct and write up interviews
- Help prepare, facilitate and write up workshops and meetings
- Build productive day-to-day relationships with client team members
- Support process management – e.g., planning, team admin. and logistics
- Support Portas business development efforts and internal firm-building activities.
We are looking for outstanding candidates from top universities or business schools who fulfil the following requirements:
- Excellent academic record
- Highly numerate
- Strong analytical, quantitative and conceptual problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated passion for sports and entertainment
- Self-directed, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
- For UK office applicants: Authorization to work in the UK without restriction
- For ME office applicants: fluent Arabic speakers
As a BA at Portas, you will quickly develop the full range of core consulting skills (such as identifying issues, structuring problems, conducting analysis, synthesising findings, developing and delivering presentations), as well as developing a deep understanding of the sports sector.
You will work with senior clients on a regular basis and have an accelerated career pathway in an exciting and rapidly growing business. Portas is a place where you can make a tangible difference from your first day.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!