Here at Game On Media we are obsessed with delighting our customers. Our Product team works with Tech, Design and Marketing to produce moments of delight for our users. We are looking for our first research hire to help the company understand the people we’re designing for, what motivates them and where our product fits into their lifestyles and workflows.
You will use your choice of surveys, interviews, onsite visits, usability tests, and other methods to study people, products, and the marketplace to understand the context in which Game on Media lives. Our research plays a vital role in prioritising product decisions, guiding feature development and designing the customer experience.
On this team, you're a big-picture thinker. You will be a thought partner to, and work closely with; Product, Design, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Service leaders.
You understand our business goals as well as the user's point of view and are passionate about using your skillset to improve our product. You work cross-functionally and help us to embed research into a company that moves at lightning speed.
- Work closely with internal teams to identify research topics
- Design and lead research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, business, design, engineering, marketing and product management
- Apply appropriate research methods to uncover insights (including, but not limited to in-depth interviews, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, concept testing, and competitive analysis)
- Quickly turn around research deliverables and communicate research findings and insights to product teams and leadership in clear, concise and compelling ways
The right candidates will be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organisation, excited to collaborate and focused squarely on impacting the Game On Media product and business.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BSc or MSc. or equivalent experience – ideally in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or other related fields
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience where your research has shaped the user experience of previous products that you have worked on
- Excellent people and telephone skills
- Experience of taking research projects from beginning to end
- A good understanding of the psychological basis of user research
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Do you have a proven record in Academic Research? Let us know…
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!