Governance Research Associates
Glass, Lewis & Co., the leading independent investment research and governance advisory firm will be recruiting a team of Research Associates in Limerick, Ireland for commencement in February 2018. The roles on offer are temporary seasonal contracts. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate strong analytical writing skills, have an interest in governance and ESG issues, and have the desire and ability to learn quickly
Governance - Collaborate with the Research Analyst and other team members to produce well-reasoned research reports for your market. You will analyse company filings, summarize proposals, and offer voting recommendations to our clients who typically are institutional investors.
Compensation - Analyse the executive pay practices of publicly-traded companies, summarize annual meeting proposals on executive compensation, and offer voting recommendations to our clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to research corporate board structures or executive compensation in publicly-traded companies. The role is particularly relevant to those wishing to pursue careers or graduate study in governance, compensation, business, compliance or policy, among others.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Genuine interest in or knowledge of economics, finance, executive compensation practices, public policy, corporate law and governance
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, typically in Business, Law, Economics, Arts
- Attention to detail, and qualitative research skills
- Excellent English writing skills • Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Experience using MS Office, Excel and internet research tools
- Desire to work in a fun, fast-paced environment with other bright peoplei
If you have excellent English writing skills please apply by submitting a cover letter and CV through Apply Online option below. We strongly advise to include a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!