Food Technologist NPD (New Product Development) - Boxty House Limited
Boxty House is an award-winning company operating a food manufacturing business, brewery and restaurant. The flexible food manufacturing unit is based in Tallaght producing a range of private label foods for sale within retail market in Ireland. The unit has a full on-site brewery producing own label beers under the Jack Smyth label. The company keeps a strong focus on using natural ingredients and carefully chosen artisan food producers from Ireland underpinning the Boxty House experience. Padraic Og Gallagher is the chef director of the company and is well known nationally as an award-winning Chef proprietor.
(FUSION Project) – 18 Month Contract
Boxty House would like to establish and embed a structured New Product Development (NPD) system within their manufacturing business to enable them develop ready meals with strong focus on the use of Irish produce specifically targeting the tourist and diaspora export markets. The product will be unique in that it will be free from artificial preservatives, colours, flavours and msg. The successful incorporation of a NPD process and food technology capabilities will enable them take advantages of new opportunities and increase capacity at their manufacturing site in Tallaght, by bringing their own unique products to the market.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Boxty House Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must possess:
- Min 2.2 degree in Home Economics, Food Technology/Science OR possess a science degree and have studied a minimum of 1 food technology related module.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- 1 years’ experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Knowledge in food product manufacture and lean principles
- Experience of new product development within the food sector either through industry experience or study
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!