Software Developer- KBO Securities Ltd
KBO Securities Ltd is an innovative telecommunications company specialising in the following areas; (a) the provision and installation of broadband solutions for both residential and business services and (b) the design, implementation and maintenance of Sky shared dish systems. In 2002, the company entered into a partnership with Sky and became an authorised Sky Agent and today KBO is the only Sky approved shared dish installer in Ireland.
(FUSION Project) – 18 Months
KBO has identified an opportunity to develop a new Internet of Things (IoT) software application for monitoring usage of equipment and vehicles in both a residential or commercial setting. This software application will aggregate data from multiple devices and allow for better management of resources for customers. KBO wants to develop a solution for the market that aggregates communications from multiple, diverse IoT sensor types and connects them across a secure network platform. The aim of the Fusion project is to develop a management platform to visualize data from multiple IoT devices in real-time to allow for more effective management of resources.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by KBO Securities Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must possess:
- Min 2.2 degree in Computing / Software Engineering / IT.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Experience of Software Development.
- Minimum one year industrial software development experience.
- RESTFul API development and an understanding of Cloud software (SaaS).
- Graphical User Interface design.
- Mobile/Web Application Development.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!