Strategic Research Analyst Intern
Strategic Research Analyst Intern
Treacy Consulting was established in Dublin in 2004 and has grown steadily over the years. We are an independent team of strategic management consultants, offering practical business support and solutions for public sector bodies, SMEs and global businesses alike, and our work now spans six continents. Sample clients include the HSE, Fáilte Ireland, SOLAS, Coillte, Realex Payments, Ovation MCI, NUI Galway, Croke Park Stadium, Tusla, Shannon Heritage, Rugby Players Ireland, Educate Together, Scouting Ireland, the Disability Federation of Ireland, the Design & Craft Council of Ireland, Santander and the Department of Health.
Treacy Consulting have an immediate opportunity to grow their team with the appointment of a Strategic Research Analyst Intern. This intern role will be ideally suited for recent graduates (business, marketing, law, HR, operations) who have gained some practical experience in the business world. They must have a passion and desire for researching, developing and implementing our clients’ business strategies, and be able to effectively influence and motivate those around them.
We would expect the successful candidate to be available for a minimum of 12 weeks, commencing in February 2018, and would provide them with valuable work experience across a number of industries and sectors, including client facing roles on live client projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform business research and analysis activities (e.g. data gathering, desk research, interviews, project planning, business process design, report development, business process modelling, etc.)
- Identify the business needs to be covered by our solution, set expectations, identify business improvement opportunities and scope
- Develop a detailed understanding of our clients’ needs, proposed solutions and the process to get them there
- Perform gap analysis to identify areas for improvements and provide reports and updates on findings
- Work with all internal stakeholders to translate product vision and strategy into clear requirements for delivery by our development team
- Defining, collating, interpreting large amounts of data to deliver clear actionable insights to enable the business to make consumer driven decisions
- Support projects from original concept through final implementation, ensuring delivery on-time and to budget
- Provide support to Project Managers in the design of Project Initiation Documents and the operation of a Programme Management Office (PMO)
- Support Project Managers in controlling project scope to ensure successful project delivery in accordance with specified deadlines
- Foster strong working relationship with all colleagues and clients
- Provide clear and concise project communication; both written and verbal, including communicating with company executives regarding the status of specific projects.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for business strategy and innovation
- Interest in project management methodologies
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Word and Excel essential
- Knowledge of data analysis and data visualization techniques beneficial
- Knowledge of the diaspora economy desirable
- Fluency in Irish a plus but not necessary
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills essential
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!