Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has 70 employees (75% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we are working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We are building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
As the first staff accountant hired at Telnyx, your responsibilities will be the following:
- Facilitating the work of our outsourced bookkeeping team and continually making process changes in order to get them working more efficiently and effectively
- Balance sheet reconciliations, including making journal entries and troubleshooting variances as needed
- Accounts payable, including vendor reconciliations and initiating payments to vendors
- Accounts receivable, including recording invoices and customer payments
- Assist with year-end activities such as tax returns and audits for all entities
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned
What we are looking for
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in an Accounting role
- A desire and intention to become a Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to project ownership, accuracy, and completion on a timely basis
- Ability to work beyond a normal workday schedule when necessary to hit deadlines
- Strong desire to increase knowledge and expertise, both as an accountant and professional, in the telecommunications industry
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and timely manage large volumes of work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Gritty in the face of adversity and roadblocks to achieve goals
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!