Application Support Engineer
Telnyx is building the global telco of the future. We have deployed an international private software-defined network, with multiple tier-1 interconnects, leveraging all major cloud service providers to deliver a voice and messaging solution with carrier-grade reliability. We sell our services in a totally automated fashion, allowing our users to programmatically scale their voice and messaging on-demand.
In addition to providing service and software in major North American and European markets, we are expanding to Asia and are developing a wireless product that will provide licensed spectrum access to our infrastructure.
Telnyx has seventy employees (70% engineers) between our Chicago, IL office, Dublin, Ireland office and remote team. We have actual revenue traction, meaningful sequential monthly growth, and a massive addressable market.
Joining Our Team
At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication.
No matter where you're based, or which team you work on, you’ll be part of a group of people working together to build solutions to mission-critical problems and a company that values the very best ideas. People rely on our products to communicate daily, which means they rely on us to build things with a high degree of resiliency and reliability.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a dedicated team that works in rotation shifts to provide 24/7 to our customers.
- Provide in-depth and personal technical support to our customers through phone, live chat, and ticketing system.
- Monitor and maintain our private network, cloud-agnostic, containerized infrastructure and application portfolio.
- Assist in software releases and bug identification.
- Drive decisions and work streams across all aspects of network and telephony projects.
What we value:
- Technical/Helpdesk support experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as this is a customer facing role
- Flexibility and willingness to working on rotational shifts
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Familiarity with protocols - SIP, RTP, SCP, T.38
- Working knowledge of Linux
- High troubleshooting ability
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Ability to be detailed with our technical products and systems
- Positive attitude and the ability to build rapport with a variety of people
Technologies we use
- A variety of languages including Python, Java, Elixir, Scala, Go, Angular, and React.
- Open-source technologies like Cassandra, Spark, and ElasticSearch.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Docker, Consul, Jenkins, Ansible, and Github.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting employers!